Patient's Rights & Responsibilities
We seek to provide exceptional care and the best possible experience for every patient and family. We want to work together with you to ensure you receive the clinical care, compassion and services you need. By understanding your rights and responsibilities, you can help us.
Patient’s and Family’s Rights; you have the right to:
- Receive accurate information about your health care plan including expected and unexpected outcomes.
- Choose an available particular health care provider.
- Have your pain assessed and managed promptly.
- Participate in decision making process of your medical and nursing care.
- Receive considerate, respectful and compassionate care with your privacy protected.
- Have your health care information protected.
- Receive care in a safe environment.
- Be involved in your discharge planning process.
- Refuse treatment/leave against medical advice.
- Voice a complaint by calling the Complaint Officer during working hours at ext. 462 and 66159810 after duty hours.
- Be protected from any physical or psychological assault.
- Have your possessions protected.
- For the presence of a companion for admitted children.
Patients’/Family’s and Visitor’s Responsibilities; you are responsible for the following:
- Provide full and accurate information contributing to your care.
- Adhere to the scheduled appointments.
- Bring only necessary articles to the hospital.
- Admitted children should not be kept unattended by companion.
- Avoid unnecessary visits of children to the hospital.
- Do not visit patients if you are suffering with any communicable disease.
- Understand all the consequences when leaving against medical advice.
- Adhere to the rules and regulations of the hospital.
- Ask for clarification to understand your care process.
- Use Hospital equipment’s and properties safely.
- Hand over used needles for self-medication by visitors to nurses.