Thank you for choosing Dar Al Shifa Hospital (DASH) for your treatment and care. If you are coming to DASH to be admitted as an inpatient, check in at Admission Office in the hospital's main lobby.
Be sure to bring with you:
- Civil ID – Proof of Citizenship
- Passport (in case you are a visitor to Kuwait)
- Marital certificate for pregnancy/delivering or maternal cases
- Insurance card, if not self-payer
- Referral letter or admission request from your doctor/referring physician
- Laboratory and diagnostic reports, related to condition/current diagnosis (x-ray, MRI, etc.)
- Medications that you are currently taking (in their original package) and current prescription, if any
- Sleeping clothes and toiletries
- More than one set of clothes for newborns (for delivering mothers)
The staff nurse from your doctor’s clinic will contact the Admission Office to arrange admission requirements. The Admission Officer will then, confirm your details, advise you on any special requirements, provide an estimate of cost, insurance coverage and accommodation details.
DASH Admission Office can be contacted on : +965 22231286 / +965 22231843
- You need to report to the Admission Office at least 2 hours prior to your surgery time, unless specific instructions given to you otherwise.
- To ensure safe surgery, or avoid cancellation of surgery, kindly follow below instructions:
a. Do not eat or drink anything after midnight, before your surgery including water, juice, coffee, chewing gum, mints, etc.
b. Ensure you discuss with your physician how to manage your home medications including vitamin and herbal medicine few days before surgery. Do not take or withhold any medication without informing your physician.
- Withhold smoking 48 hours prior to surgery.
- Leave jewelry and valuables at home.
- Implement any instructions provided by your doctor relevant to your admission or surgery.