Dar Al Shifa Hospital main mission is to meet the needs of the community it serves. In an effort to work align this mission, in early 2015, DASH Leadership Team conducted a Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) to establish the knowledge base from which to effectively plan future health services at Dar Al Shifa Hospital.
Be a healthcare leader in the entire region by providing hope, healing and high quality care
The health needs that were identified by the CHNA have been integrated into the Hospital’s strategic plan for the years 2016-2018, developing a timely action plan for each finding. By stewarding existing resources, strengthening partnerships, and creating innovative programs in both the hospital facility and within the community, DASH intends to make a positive impact on these identified needs, improving the health and wellbeing of the community at large. After reviewing current community collaborations and partnerships, and internal resources, the DASH Governance identified and prioritized the five following health needs:
1. Obesity and lack of physical exercise are growing and serious concerns within the local community.
2. Access to wellness and preventive health care services is limited.
3. Specialized services in various specialties are limited in private healthcare sector.
4. Chronic disease management and care coordination is limited.
5. Healthcare research initiative to target/study/identify health needs of the Kuwait population is nearly nonexistent.